The black pepper is a delicious addition to the cookie that kicks things up a notch. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
This recipe is best with
- 100 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg (small)
- 200g plain flour (sifted with 1/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate)
- 2 tsp ground black pepper (fresh)
- 2 tsp ground white pepper (fresh)
- 4 tsp rosemary (dried)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter, sugar and salt until creamy then mix in the egg.
- Combine sifted flour mixture with black and white pepper, and dried rosemary.
- Add to the creamed butter mixture and mix into a dough.
- Remove dough to a lightly floured worktop. Roll out to 0.15cm thickness.
- Cut with your favourite cookie cutter. Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.