Ingredients is not available.
- Boil water with sugar and pandan leaves until sugar has dissolved. Mix in the soaked gelatine (A) and blend well till it is properly dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat, add the evaporated milk and mix well.
- Beat egg white until stiff. Fold the beaten egg white (meringue) into the cooked gelatine mixture using a hand whisk to blend well. Divide into four portions and add colouring to each portion, leaving one portion plain.
- Prepare a chilled water bath (i.e. a basin with water and ice cubes). Chill your tray well. Place the chilled tray over the water bath. Pour in one colour of your choice, the jelly mixture, as the base and keep stirring the mixture.
- When it is about to set put the tray into the fridge for about five to 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the fridge and place it in the water-bath, then pour in another coloured layer. Do the same for the rest. Chill the whole jelly in the fridge.
- Use a spatula to ease out the jelly when it is properly chilled. Cut into squares and toss in desiccated coconut, or if preferred, you can serve it plain.