Chef Zul is the Malay sous chef at the Makan Kitchen, DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- 100ml cooking oil
- 1kg prawns
- 5g fenugreek seed
- 5g mustard seed
- 5g curry leaves
- 5g dried chilli
- 300g chopped onion
- 10g chopped green chilli
- 10g tomato
- 30g turmeric powder
- 20g coriander powder
- 20ml water
- 15ml yogurt
- 150ml coconut milk
- 5ml coconut oil
- 10g coriander leaves
- Salt and sugar
- (A) Ground spices (combined):
- 15g garlic
- 15g ginger
- Heat the cooking oil in a pot.
- Sauté all the spices (fenugreek and mustard seeds), dried chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the ground onion, green chilli and garlic to the pot.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the turmeric and coriander powder, then sauté.
- Add water and stir gently until it simmers, then add the coconut milk and yogurt. Stir.
- After 30 seconds, add the prawns and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coconut oil into the curry with salt and sugar until you get the perfect taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.