These Deep-fried Crab and Taro Summer Rolls are great for the seafood lover as a snack or appetiser.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 200g taro, grated and steamed for 2 minutes
- 200g crabmeat
- 20g sesame seeds, toasted
- five-spice powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Dipping sauce
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 100ml chilli sauce
- lime zest and juice, to taste
- 10 - 15 popiah skins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- palm oil for frying
- a mix of ulam raja, daun selasih, daun selom, mint leaves, or any local herbs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and season to taste. Chill till ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill.
- Divide the filling evenly among the popiah wrappers and roll up. Seal with egg wash. Deep-fry over medium heat till golden brown. Serve hot with dipping sauce and herbs for garnish.