Chicken Wings in Spicy Sauce is quick and easy. That’s what you want after a day of fasting.
- 10 chicken wings
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only, thinly sliced)
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Seasoning mix:
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2pre-packed chicken seasoning flour
- Marinate chicken wings with the marinade for at least an hour then coat the marinated wings with the seasoning mix.
- Heat enough oil in a wok and fry sliced lemongrass and curry leaves until fragrant and crispy. Dish out and set aside.
- Add more oil to the oil remaining in the wok for deep frying. Set the wok on medium heat.
- When hot, deep-fry the chicken wings until lightly golden. Remove the wings and drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the oil on medium high heat and deep-fry the chicken wings again until browned and crispy.
- Remove the wings to drain on paper towels. Place wings on serving plate and top with the aromatic crispy lemongrass and curry leaves. Best served warm