DID you know that every part of the lotus can be eaten? This tea (right) will focus on the flavours brought out from the lotus petals. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup lotus pollen (dried)
- 1/2 cup lotus petals (dried)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lotus pollen
- 1/2 cup fresh lotus petals (shredded)
- In a pot, bring water to boil, then add the dried lotus pollen and petals. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, and strain mixture.
- Boil the mixture again and add the sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Leave to cool. Serve with fresh lotus pollen and petals, and some ice.