Fried Fish with spices is a staple food in every Indian household, it is the easiest to make and almost compliments all sorts of curry and hot rice plates. Even when my mom makes the most delicious fish curry, I still look for the fried fish. It gives the texture and the extra taste I would seek for. This is one easy dish and you could try it with any fish fillet and is the best side dish.I bet you would not regret making this!
- 4 Slice Of Fish ( I used Snapper)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Powder (Optional-For Vibrant Color Purpose)
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Flour or Corn Flour (Can also combine both flours with 1:1 ration)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Oil to fry
- Blend all the above spice ingredients to soft paste except the oil and Fish
- Smear the paste evenly on all sides of the fish and let it rest for more the an hour for a better taste. Overnight will do good.
- Pan fry the fish with enough oil for 4 minutes on both sides or till crispy and masala is cooked.
- Leftover fish can be kept frozen for at least a week.