- Marinate prawns with seasoning (A) for 10-15 minutes. Leave aside.
- Steam yam pieces until soft then mash yam into a paste while still hot.
- Place wheat starch in a small bowl and pour boiling water into it. Immediately stir with a pair of chopsticks until it becomes a cooked dough.
- Combine yam paste with shortening, bicarbonate of soda, salt, five spice powder and sugar then add the cooked dough to mix.
- Knead into a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into equal portions and wrap around each prawn leaving the tail sticking out.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a wok and deep-fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot immediately.
You may also like