This recipe is best with
- 100gm cod fillets, cubed (preferably at least 1in thick cod fillet)
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp white wine
- 5 leaves of sage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp orange zest
- a dash of pepper
- a dash of salt
- 1 cup of beans sprouts shoots (tau miu)
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional, for garnishing)
- 3 leaves of purple lettuce (optional, for garnishing
- 1 red cherry tomato (optional, for garnishing)
- Add sea salt to cod cube fillets. Brush butter generously on grill pan. Place fish fillets and place the sage leaves around the fillets on grill pan.
- Grill each side for about 8 mins and place on serving plate.
- Blend orange juice and wine with melted butter in a sauce pan and put it over medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add pepper and salt and orange zest and simmer for another 5 mins and pour over cod fillets and serve immediately.
- Note: If you do not like the taste of fresh bean sprout, you might want to blanch them.