- 2kg mussels
- 2 cups water
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Wash and scrape the mussels. Discard any open ones.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add shallots, lemongrass and fish sauce.
- When the water comes to a boil again, add mussels. Cover and boil for five minutes over high heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Cover and cook a few minutes more before removing from the heat.
- Discard any mussels which have not opened during cooking.