Here is the recipe for the classic pan-fried Norwegian Salmon with saute potato and lemon beurre blanc.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Jimmy Chok, who is with the Norwegian Seafood Council.
This recipe is best with
- 300 g Salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g chat potato (cubed)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 sprig thyme
- lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 100 ml cream
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 g butter
- sugar to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cherry tomato (for garnishing)
- Season salmon and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook onion until soft. Then add potato
- Sauté slowly until potato is cooked. Add thyme and season well. Then remove from fire.
- In a pot, heat wine and reduce by half, then add in cream.
- Bring cream to a boil then whisk in butter bit by bit.
- Season with lemon juice, zest and sugar.
- Heat the other tablespoon of olive oil and pan fry salmon skin side down first.
- Turn after a few minutes on one side.
- Arrange the potatoes and pour cream mixture over the potatoes. Finally, put the salmon over the potatoes and serve. Slice the cherry tomato and garnish on the salmon.