- Cut tuna into bite-sized pieces. Peel and grate garlic and ginger. In a bowl, combine grated garlic, ginger, tobanjan, soy sauce and mirin, and mix well.
- Add tuna and ground sesame and combine. Let it sit 10-15 minutes or longer in refrigerator.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep-frying pan to 180°C. Dust a third of the tuna with katakuriko and deep-fry two to three minutes until crisp.
- Repeat the process and drain on a wire rack. Arrange on a serving plate and serve with lemon or lime.
- This recipe is from The Japan News/Asia News Network.
You may also like