- 700g fresh tiger or grass prawns (choe har)
- 15g yen sum (ginseng)
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine
- Dash of monosodium glutamate
- Combine ginseng and fresh chicken stock in a sauce pot and boil for about an hour until stock is reduced to about 250ml.
- Cut prawns in half, then wash and clean well. Arrange the halved prawns on a heatproof plate.
- Pour the ready prepared ginseng chicken stock over the prawns. Add seasoning then steam the prawns over high heat for 1½-2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.