Whip up this simple yet tasty dish to share with your family during this prosperous season. This recipe was first published in Flavours.
- 3tbsp taucheo (spicy)
- 2 bird’s eye chillies,or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 shallots (peeled)
- 2 1/2 cm ginger
- 2tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- 2 - 3tbsp calamansi lime juice (or to taste)
- 2stalks spring onion (sliced)
- 1stalk coriander leaves (sliced)
- 300g fish fillet (sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 2tbsp cornflour
- palm oil for deep-frying
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender and process to a paste. Add in spring onions and coriander leaves and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Rub the fish with salt, pepper and coat with cornflour. Deep fry the fish, remove and drain of excess oil. Pour the sauce over, top with coriander leaves and serve immediately.