- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Combine flour, green onion, garlic, egg, coriander, ginger, water, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, mix until the mixture becomes a thin cake-batter like consistency, adding more water if necessary.
- Slice the tempeh about 1 inch thick.Dip tempeh into the batter and place them one at a time into a skillet of hot oil. Fry the tempeh until golden brown. Serve while warm.