Make gingerbread cupcakes for santa – we’re sure he’ll appreciate the creativity!
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Gingerbread cupcake
- 20g ginger, fresh; finely grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- 200ml honey
- 100ml milk
- 225g flour
- 8g baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2g salt
- 50g margarine, melted
- 200g margarine
- 100g icing sugar
- colouring agent, as necessary
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease cupcake moulds with melted margarine and line with greaseproof paper. Mix grated ginger, lemon zest, honey and milk and bring to boil. Cool and chill mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, then add the cold milk and ginger mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the egg, salt and melted margarine and whisk for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into the cupcake moulds and rest for 2 hours. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Allow to cool before decorating with cream.
- Combine cream ingredients and whisk until smooth and fluffy. Add in colouring and mix well. Decorate the cupcakes and keep refrigerated.