- 2 bowls cooked rice (preferably day-old, 350g)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 50 g chicken fillet (diced)
- 50 g shelled prawns (diced)
- 30 g carrot,diced
- 3 bird’s eye chillies,chopped
- 60 g petai (halved and diced, stink beans)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- Loosen the rice grains to separate them if they are in clumps. Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic over low heat until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, prawns and carrot. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the rice and toss briefly to combine. Make a well in the centre of the rice, add a little oil, and crack in the eggs. Let the eggs set for a few seconds before scrambling them over high heat together with the rice.
- Add the seasoning and sprinkle over a little water to moisten the rice. Add the chillies and petai. Stir-fry briskly until rice is fairly hot and fragrant. Dish out and serve.
1 thought on “Black Pepper Petai Fried Rice”
Wow !!!! I am going to try soon !