- Combine butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan, cook over medium low flame, stirring for 23 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil then remove saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Leave aside to cool.
- Stir in beaten egg, mixed spice, ginger, baking powder and flour. Mix to combine into a dough.
- Divide dough in half and shape into discs. Place the discs into plastic bags and refrigerate for an hour or until firm to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease baking trays. Roll out a piece of dough disc between two plastic sheets to about 3mm thickness. Use a gingerbread man cutter and cut out the shapes.
- Place the shapes about 2cm apart on prepared trays. Bake for 810 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Leave to stand on the trays for 56 minutes before transferring onto wire rack to cool.
You may also like