- Combine butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan, cook over medium low flame, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil then remove saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in bicarbonate of soda and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Leave aside to cool.
- Stir in beaten egg, mixed spice, ginger, baking powder and flour. Mix to combine into a dough.
- Divide dough in half and shape into discs. Place the discs into plastic bags and refrigerate for an hour or until firm to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease baking trays. Roll out a piece of dough disc between two plastic sheets to about 3mm thickness. Use a gingerbread man cutter and cut out the shapes.
- Place the shapes about 2cm apart on prepared trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Leave to stand on the trays for 5-6 minutes before transferring onto wire rack to cool.
You may also like