- Put salt into the water and stir to mix. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the salted water gradually. Mix in together and knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a basin. Pour enough water over the ball of dough and leave aside to soak for at least an hour.
- Bring the basin over to the sink and wash the dough by squeezing to remove the starch, under running tap water. Rinse until the water is almost clear.
- Form the dough into a ball again and place in the basin. Cover with enough clear water and set aside for another hour. Drain off the water and leave aside for about 5-10 minutes.
- Take the gluten out. It is now ready for use.
You may also like