- Combine pork, cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornflour in a mixing bowl.
- Stir until mixture turns sticky.
- Arrange wanton wrappers on a clean table-top and scoop a heaped teaspoon of the minced pork mixture onto one half of the wanton wrapper.
- Lightly brush the edge of the other half of the wanton wrapper with water and fold to enclose the filling.
- Press the edges together to seal.
- Heat canola oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and arrange the dumplings in the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the base is lightly browned.
- Add about ¼ - ½ cup water, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, add more water if necessary.
- Dish out the dumplings and allow to stand for 1-2 minutes or until the dumplings come away from the pan easily.
- Repeat with addition of canola oil and dumplings to finish off the cooking.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- Put ¼ cup teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Stir to mix.
You may also like