Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealthyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing bread recipes and here we have a Dark Chocolate Chip Bread recipe. It’s a fairly easy recipe and also versatile enough for you to customize the flavor and ingredients too!
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 220g bread flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 50g sugar
- 6g instant dry yeast
- 4g salt
- 150g cold soymilk
- 40g vegan margarine
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except margarine and choc chips
- With a hook attachment, mix the dough for approximately 5-6 mins or till a smooth dough is formed.
- At low speed, add in the butter and continue mixing till the butter is no more visible.
- Add in the chocolate chips and once well combined (for 1-2 mins), turn off the mixer.
- Transfer over to a greased bowl, cover with a cloth/cling wrap and let the dough ferment for at least 45 mins in a warm environment.
- Then flour your working top, and remove the dough from the bowl. Divide equally into 8 pcs and round each of them once more
- Place them into a greased 9" round mould. Cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for at least an hour or at least double in size.
- Once double in size, bake it at 180 deg C for at least 35-40 mins. In case the top gets brown too quickly, place a piece of parchment on the top to continue baking
- Once done baking, remove from mould and let it cool down on a wire rack. It should be consumed within 3 days, Enjoy!