- Squeeze out juice or liquid from the grated radish.
- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour, wheat starch and water into a batter.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry shallots and garlic until lightly golden and fragrant. Add in waxed pork belly. Chinese sausage and dried shrimps. Fry until fragrant.
- Add batter into the fried sausage mixture and stir in seasoning to mix. Cook over a medium low heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Transfer the mixture into a 23cm square tray. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove tray and leave to cool completely. Cut into thick slices.
- Toss the cut slices of radish kuih in some plain flour. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish out the radish kuih and serve with chilli sauce.
You may also like