- 1 duck (about 1.5kg in weight)
- 500g salted mustard green
- 4 sour plums
- 6 red chillies, seeds removed, slit in two and halved
- 2 nutmeg seeds, cracked; use inner seed
- 20g white peppercorns
- 30g kei chee
- Clean and cut duck into pieces. Wash and drain. Wash mustard greens, drain and cut into 4cm lengths.
- Bring to a boil three litres of water. Add mustard greens and simmer on low fire for 15 minutes.
- Add duck, peppercorns, sour plums, nutmeg, chillies and kei chee.
- Simmer for an hour.
- Adjust taste with salt and tamarind slices if necessary.