- 150g (net weight) ripe bananas (pisang emas)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp Quaker oats
- A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- Mash ripe bananas well with a fork and combine with salt, sugar, self-raising flour, rice flour and oats. Sift in bicarbonate of soda. Mix until well combined into a batter.
- Heat wok with enough oil over medium heat. Spoon a tablespoon of batter and drop into the hot oil. Constantly turn the fritters around until they are golden brown. Remove with a slotted ladle and drain on several layers of absorbent kitchen paper. Serve immediately.