Meat lover couldn’t not resist this lamb rack with Mongolian sauce. You can smell the aromas of grilled lamb and peppercorn from far away!
This recipe is best with
- 100g lamb cutlet
- 35g white and black small fungus
- 2 tbsp *Mongolian sauce
- 40g Spinach (yin choy) or sliced leek (sauteed)
- **Crispy sesame bean curd sheet (for garnish)
- Marinate for lamb (A)
- 1/2 tsp Szechuan chili sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp chicken powder
- 1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 tsp Chinese wine
- Mongolian Sauce (B)
- 40g sugar
- 20g ground black peppercorn
- 30g peanut sauce
- 60g Maggi seasoning sauce
- 300g evaporated milk
- 120g butter
- Mix all the lamb marinade together. Add in the lamb cutlet and let it stand for 35 minutes in the chiller.
- Soak the white & black fungus overnight to soften it. Blanch the white & black fungus and spinach separately. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to medium-high heat at 200oC.
- Sear the lamb racks on the hot grill for 1 minute. Turn and sear the other side for another minute.Place in the oven for 5 min. Remove when the meat is done.
- On a serving dish place the blanched spinach and fungus top it off with the lamb cutlet.
- Drizzle the Mongolian sauce over the lamb.
- Garnish with deep fried sesame bean curd sheet, serve hot.
- To make Mongolian Sauce , melt butter in a saucepan and put in all the ingredients. Simmer till the sauce thickens.
- **Crispy sesame bean curd sheet is prepared by coating one side of a softened bean curd skin with a thick corn flour and water mixture sprinkled with black and white sesame seeds and deep fried in hot oil.