For the Madeleine Cake Batter:
- Melt butter and set aside to cold down to room temperature.
- In a bowl, using a hand whisk to combine lemon zest, vanilla, eggs and sugar.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and then add into the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Keep in the chiller to rest for 2 hours minimum.
- Using the Madeleine shape mould, pipe the batter inside and then put some semi-dry prunes on the middle.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 8 - 10 minutes.(depending on the size)
- *Immediately when the cake is cooked, brush the surface of the cake with Lemon Icing Glaze while still hot. Then bake again in the oven for few second until the icing is dry.
For The Lemon Icing Glaze:
- Combine all ingredients together. Set aside.