- 1 whole chicken
- Salt, pepper
- 200g corn flour
- 1 egg
- 300g breadcrumbs
- 1 big onion
- 2 tsp Lea & Perrins sauce
- 5g light soy sauce
- 20g HP sauce
- 200 ml chicken stock
- Clean, cut and debone chicken. Divide into breast and leg and flatten the meat with the side of your chopper.
- Season with salt, pepper and toss in corn flour.
- Dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat pan, add oil and panfry chicken till cooked and breadcrumb is slightly browned.
- Pour gravy over chicken and serve with potatoes and vegetables of choice.
- To make gravy: Slice onions. Saute onion rings in pan till slightly brown at edges. Add Lea & Perrins sauce, light soy sauce and HP sauce.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Thicken with a bit of cornflour.
3 thoughts on “Hainanese Chicken Chop”
Tried this and love it! Reminds me of my grandma’s recipe
what do we do with the 5g light soya sauce? Its in the ingredient list but instruction skips it.
Hi Franco, the light soy sauce is added in the ‘To make gravy’ instruction step. Happy Cooking!