- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) hot water
- 3 cups (750 mL) pureed fresh mangoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2 percent evaporated milk
- 8 ice cubes
- lime wedges, optional
- fresh mango slices for garnish, optional
- Add gelatin and sugar to hot water and mix until dissolved and smooth.
- In large bowl, mix mango puree, evaporated milk and ice cubes.
- Pour gelatin mixture into mango mixture and stir until ice cubes are melted.
- Pour mixture into jelly mould and chill until set, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, dip jelly mould briefly in hot water then turn pudding out onto platter. Squeeze on some lime juice, garnish with mango slices if desired and serve. (Best eaten within a day).