The original article was first published in The Star Online. Read the full article here.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cili padi, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs coriander, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- leftover chicken curry
- For garnishing:
- finely chopped red onions
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Put onions, tomatoes, cili padi, garlic and coriander leaves in a bowl and mix together.
- Beat eggs with milk and add the chopped ingredients along with salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook the eggs till done.
- In a serving dish, scoop 2 ladles of chicken curry and place the masala omelette over it. Garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves.