Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian Rice recipes, this baked cheesy rice is so creamy & delicious. Kids will surely enjoy it that without noticing the existence of the vegetables within!
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- 1 flower of broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 boxes brown button mushrooms
- 1 western onion,chopped
- 1 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 small boxes whipping cream (note: this cream is not creamy)
- 2 1/2 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt or seasoning to taste
- mozzarella cheese for baking
- Cook rice three hours before making this recipe or cook it overnight.
- Slice all vegetables (mushrooms keep them separate).
- Heat the pan with oil. Put half the garlic and half the onion first and fry. Then add on the broccoli, carrot and a pinch of salt.
- Stir-fry till the vegetables are cooked. Add a little water to cook the vegetables. Stir-fry till it is dry and fragrant. When it's done, put aside.
- Then heat the pan with oil, put in the remaining garlic and onion first, and then add on the mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook until the mushrooms produces its juices.
- Then add whipping cream and water and let it boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and oregano. When the sauce is watery, add a little mozzarella cheese to thicken it. However, if it is still watery, it is okay. When the rice is baked, it will absorb all the moisture.
- Add salt to taste. If it is slightly salty, it's okay as the rice is plain. You can also vegetable seasoning if you like.
- Lastly, add the remaining vegetables into the sauce.
- Heat up the oven 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Put rice into an 9in square baking pan. Add all the sauce into the rice n add the rest of the mozzarella. Mix well.
- Lastly, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top the rice. Add more if you love it.
- Then bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Bake another 10mins, if you like the chesse to be crispy.