MEATBALL usually go hand-in-hand with spaghetti.
- 250g ground turkey (or chicken)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Fine salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 255g package cheese tortellini
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach (about 85g)
- Combine ground turkey (or chicken), Parmesan, two tablespoons parsley, egg, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl; mix with your hands until just combined. Form into 2.5cm meatballs and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until golden, three to four minutes. Remove to a plate. Add carrots and celery to the pot; cook, stirring, until just softened, about five minutes. Add broth and water; bring to boil.
- Return meatballs to pot along with the remaining parsley and ½ teaspoon salt. Simmer until meatballs are just cooked through, about two minutes. Add tortellini and cook until they float to the top, about four minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, one minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with more Parmesan.