Try the best meatballs in sweet and sour sauce recipe! This recipe added corn kernels and chopped water chestnuts for extra juicy and crunchiness! The combination of prawn and pork made an extra chewiness to the meatballs too.
- 100g pork tenderloin, minced
- 50g shelled prawns, coarsely minced
- 30g water-chestnuts, coarsely minced
- 20g sweet corn kernels
- ½ a tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut into 1cm lengths
- ½ a red chilli, cubed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Dash of monosodium glutamate
- 5 tbsp water
- Combine minced meat, prawns, water-chestnuts, sweet corn kernels and seasoning in a bowl. Stir to mix well. In the mixing, bring up the mixture and slap against the sides of the bowl until mixture turns sticky.
- Lightly grease the palm of your hand and take out a tablespoon of mixture. Shape into a round ball.
- Repeat until all the minced meat mixture is completed.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the meat balls for 2 minutes or until they turn golden. Dish out.
- Heat a nonstick saucepan and cook the sauce to a boil. Add chilli, tomato and spring onion. Return the prefried meat balls to the saucepan. Cook and toss for 1-2 minutes until well coated with the sauce.
- Dish out and serve.