This recipe is best with
- For Filling:
- 55g water
- 125g UHT milk
- 55g sugar
- 5g agar-agar powder
- 55g whipping cream
- For Strawberry jelly skin:
- 250ml water
- 80g castor sugar
- 11g agar-agar powder
- 100g strawberry, hulled
- 150ml water
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp thick coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp biji selasih, soaked to soften
- Plastic mooncake moulds and round tart moulds
- Filling: Bring water, sugar, milk and agar-agar powder to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until sugar and agar-agar have dissolved.
- Add whipping cream and stir continuously with a hand-whisk.
- Remove from flame and continue to stir to prevent lumps from forming. Pour into tart moulds and leave aside to cool. Chill in the refrigerator until it is completely set.
- Jelly skin: Put strawberries and 150ml water in a blender. Blend until fine, then set aside.
- Bring water, sugar and agar-agar powder to a boil. Reduce the heat and add strawberry mixture, evaporated milk, coconut milk, colouring and biji selasih. Cook over a gentle heat until mixture comes to almost a boil again, then turn off the heat.
- Wet the plastic mould and pour in the strawberry agar-agar mixture to fill about half the mould. Leave it to cool slightly until it almost sets. Put a piece of prepared filling in the centre.
- Use a fork and lightly scratch the surface of the filling and fill up with the strawberry agar-agar mixture again and let it set completely before chilling in the refrigerator for 1-1 ½ hours. Knock the mould gently to dislodge the jelly mooncake. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.