This recipe is best with
- 50g mashed durian flesh
- 300ml whipping cream
- 125ml fresh milk
- 75g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Combine mashed durian flesh, whipping cream, milk and sugar in a non-stick saucepan. Use a hand whisk and stir over gentle low heat until
- The mixture is warm. Remove the saucepan. Whisk the eggs and egg yolks together. (Do not overbeat.)
- Pour the beaten eggs gradually into the warm milk mixture. Reheat saucepan over very low heat. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into ramekin dishes. Stand the ramekins in a shallow baking tray and add hot water to the tray to halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking tray and leave to cool. Add a sprinkling of sugar over the top of the set custard. Grill at 250°C for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar caramelises.
- Serve immediately.