- Roast rice flour over low fire.
- Wash and dry the carom seeds, cumin and sesame seeds. Then roast them over low heat.
- Boil coconut milk (can be replaced with just hot water).
- In a large bowl, add the rice flour and black pea flour, carom seeds, sesame seeds, cumin, a pinch of salt and margarine. Mix well.
- Pour in the hot water or coconut milk, bit by bit and mix till you get a soft dough.
- Heat up the required amount of oil for frying.
- Prepare the mould.
- Add in the dough and squeeze out the murukku and shape them like a mosquito coil onto a plate or squeeze direct into the hot oil.
- Remove once they turn slight golden in color.
- Murukkus can last for months if stored well.
You may also like