In this Laksa Fried Chicken Wrap with Pineapple Salsa recipe, each tender piece of chicken is marinated with a special laksa paste, then deep fried before topping with a refreshing pineapple salsa. Each bite promises an explosion of taste and textures.
This recipe is courtesy of Mission Foods.
Kuali would like to get to know you more – please do spend 10 secs to let us know your thoughts below!
- Laksa paste
- 10 dried red chillies
- 3 large red chillies
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp
- 1 tbsp belacan
- 8 red shallots (peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp minced lemongrass
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Laksa fried chicken
- 2 cups Laksa paste
- 1/4 cup oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 6 chicken thigh fillets (cut into large pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- oil for deep frying
- salt and Korean chilli powder (to season)
- Lime Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp honey
- rind and juice from 2 limes
- 2 cups Japanese mayonnaise
- Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup laksa leaf (shredded, Vietnamese mint)
- 1/2cup mint (shredded)
- 1/2cup takuan (finely chopped (Japanese yellow radish pickle))
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- To Serve
- 6 Curry Wraps
- 3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 3 cups cucumber (finely sliced)
- 1 cup picked laksa leaves (Vietnamese mint)
- For the laksa paste, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a very smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the rempah for about 10 minutes on medium heat until fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the rempah. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 6 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the sauce, preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and coat in flour, then egg and then a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs and dessicated coconut. Deep fry the chicken pieces for just 2 minutes at about 180C until golden brown and warmed through. Season with salt and Korean chilli powder.
- For the lime mayonnaise mix the ingredients together to a smooth consistency.
- For the pineapple salsa mix the ingredients together.
- To serve, fill the wrap with lettuce, cucumber, a spoon of the pineapple salsa and a few chicken pieces, and drizzle with the lime mayonnaise.