- 10-12 large prawns
- 200g fresh wantan noodles
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Enough oil for deep-frying
- Chilli sauce for dipping
- Shell the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Devein the prawns, then dab dry with kitchen paper towels.
- Season the prawns with combined fish sauce, light soy sauce and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil. Dip noodles in the water for a minute. Drain and refresh in cold water. Lay the noodles on several layers of kitchen paper towels in straight lengths.
- Pick out 2-3 strands and wrap around each prawn. Use the corn flour mixture to stick the noodles at the ends.
- Heat enough oil in a wok. Deep-fry the prawns, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are cooked and the noodles are crispy and golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper towels. Serve with any chilli sauce as a dip, if preferred.