- Soak beehoon in water till softened.
- Heat up pan with 2 Tbsp of oil. Pan fry the garlic, onion and chili paste for 5-6 minutes or till fragrant.
- Add in the kaffir lime leaves and ikan bilis cube. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes
- In another bowl, combine the tamarind paste and hot water. Discard the seeds and incorporate the tamarind liquid into the sambal paste.
- Season with salt and black pepper, followed by the honey to balance the tanginess.
- Add in the hydrated beehoon and let it cook till the liquid dries up.
- Transfer over to a serving dish and add your desired topping like fried tofu or egg. Enjoy!
You may also like