- 3 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 limes, squeeze for juice
- 2 tbsp grated gula Melaka
- 90ml fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine or vinegar
- Put chillies and garlic in a food processor.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons lime juice. Process into a coarse paste.
- Remove, transfer to a glass jar and add sugar, remaining lime juice, fish sauce, and rice wine or vinegar.
- Stir, then put on the cap and screw tight. Shake until sugar dissolves. (If it is too sour or salty, just add 2-3 tablespoons cold water.)
- Serve with Vietnamese spring rolls.