Orange cupcakes is quick and easy enough to make on weekend!
This recipe and photo are courtesy of MamaFaMi who blogs at mamafami.blogspot.com/
- 3g salt
- 225g butter
- 400g castor sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2tsp orange oil
- 2tbsp orange juice (concentrated)
- 375g self-raising flour (divided into 3 portions)
- 235ml full cream milk (divided into 2 portions)
- whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each egg until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla essence, orange oil and concentrated orange juice.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven for 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling on a rack.
- Pipe whipping cream onto the cupcakes and decorate accordingly.