This recipe is best with
- 3 egg yolk
- 120ml milk
- 200g orange pulp, blended into a fine puree
- 75g castor sugar
- 40ml orange juice
- 50ml lemon juice
- 3tsp gelatin powder
- 3tbsp water
- 375g whipping cream
- 45ml Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- Mix orange puree with milk. Stir until well combined. Strain the mixture and discard impurities.
- Whisk egg yolk, sugar and orange milk mixture in a heatproof bowl. Stir mixture over simmering water until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and add orange and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over cold water. Dissolve over simmering water. Cool and add into the egg yolk mixture.
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form, then gradually fold into the egg yolk mixture. Add Cointreau.
- Pipe the mousse into individual serving ramekins. Refrigerate until firm and set. Keep chilled until ready to serve.