Use the popular tom yam paste to add some oomph to your dishes. It’s versatile enough to adjust: if you like it mild, use less, and if you prefer to hear a ringing in your ears when you eat, put in an additional tablespoon! This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 4 slices lamb shoulder chops
- 2 onions (sliced thinly)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tom yam paste
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- Trim off excess fat from the lamb chops. Cook the chops with ginger in a pot of water for 30-35 minutes. Remove and season with the marinade and coriander leaves for at least two hours.
- Heat a grill pan with butter. Add in marinated lamb and pan-fry each side for 10 minutes.
- Add in onions and fry briefly until onions turn soft.
- Once lamb is cooked to your preferred doneness, dish out and serve.