Ingredients is not available.
- Sift self-raising flour into a mixing bowl. Add blended oats, pepper, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and add in milk and egg. Beat with a wooden spoon until all the liquid is incorporated and the batter is free from lumps. Set aside, covered with a damp tea towel for 1520 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter at a time into the pan. Swirl the pan to allow the batter to turn into a nice circle. Cook over a medium heat until the underside is golden.
- Turn the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and fold into halves.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- To prepare the black pepper fish
- Season fish fillet slices with salt. Dip fish slices in egg white, then coat with seasoned flour.
- Heat enough oil in a wok. Fry fish slices until golden and crispy.
- Heat a clean wok with oil and sesame oil; fry ginger, garlic and onion until fragrant. Add sauce ingredients and cook until sauce comes to a simmering boil.
- Return the fish to the sauce and add freshly ground black pepper to mix. Serve the pancakes with the black pepper fish.