- 1kg rice (any rice)
- 1 litre water
- 2 screwpine (pandan) leaves, knotted
- Blend together for pandan juice:
- 750g pandan leaves, shredded
- 250g water
- 5 shallots, sliced
- cloves garlic, sliced
- 10g ginger, sliced
- salt to taste
- Blend pandan leaves with water. Strain to obtain juice. Set aside. Wash rice and drain water. Keep aside.
- Heat wok with oil and fry sliced ingredients (shallots, garlic and ginger) until fragrant.
- Cook rice with water (adjust the water according to your choice of rice), pandan juice and the fried ingredients in a rice cooker.