Click here for Amy Beh’s kimchi recipe.
- 50g shelled prawns, diced
- 70g kimchi, diced
- 35g red capsicum, diced
- Oil for frying
- Batter mixture
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 200ml water or just enough
- In a mixing bowl, combine the batter ingredients, adding just enough water as you beat with a whisk to make a light batter.
- Heat about one tbsp oil in a nonstick frying pan. Fry prawns, kimchi and red capsicum until fragrant. Dish out half and set aside.
- Pour half quantity batter over the prawn and kimchi mixture in the pan. Swirl to spread mixture. When batter is almost set, cover the saucepan with a lid for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Open lid and flip pancake over to cook the other side. Continue to flip and cook until both sides are lightly golden. Remove from pan. Repeat with the remaining portions to make another pancake.
- To serve, slice the pancakes. Serve at once.