We are spoilt for choice when it comes to pasta – fettuccini, linguini, fusilli, ravioli, gnocchi.
Apart from the different types of pasta, we can also pick from a wide range of sauces – carbonara, tomato, aglio oglio – to add variety to our pasta dishes.
Pesto is not just a delicious addition to the pasta sauce family but is also a versatile base for other foods.
It can be used to marinade chicken, a base for pizzas to substitute the traditional tomato base, or it can even be used as a sauce in sandwiches.
Payal Sadhwani is a PR consultant who has a passion for food and writing.
This recipe is best with
- 8 tbsp sweet basil leaves (or 1/2 packet)
- 2 tbsp English parsley
- 4 pieces garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Add some olive oil to the blender as the base, to enable the blender to work smoothly.
- Add the other ingredients and blend, adding the remaining olive oil slowly.
- Tips: When storing pesto sauce, always top up with a layer of olive oil on the top. This is to ensure that the pesto sauce keeps well and doesn’t spoil.