- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rasher rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 300g minced chicken
- 3 fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 125ml water
- Some chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- 350g spaghetti, cooked till al dente according to packet instructions
- Basil Leaves (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick saucepan. Saute onion, garlic and bacon until onion is tender and fragrant.
- Add minced chicken and mushrooms; stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps for 2-3 minutes or until minced chicken changes colour.
- Blend in tomato paste and stir in chopped tomatoes and water. Adjust with seasoning to taste. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle in chopped parsley. Dish out and toss the sauce through the spaghetti. Serve immediately.
1 thought on “Spaghetti Bolognese”
Would like to subscribe