This recipe is best with
- 200g chicken fillet, minced
- 60g red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skin peeled and pureed
- 40ml tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 50g onion, chopped
- 10g grated Parmesan cheese
- 10g grated Cheddar cheese
- 12 sheets instant lasagna pasta
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry onion, garlic, paprika and cumin. Fry for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add minced chicken and continue to cook until fragrant. Add capsicum, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes over a gentle low heat. Stir occasionally, to prevent the ingredients sticking to the base of the saucepan, until the sauce is thick.
- Place 4 lasagna sheets over the base of an oiled ovenproof pan. Spread with a layer of the minced mixture. Repeat with another layer of lasagna sheets then the minced mixture and a final layer of 4 lasagna sheets. Combine the two cheeses and sprinkle on top.
- Bake lasagna, covered with a piece of foil, in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until lasagna sheets are tender.