Recently, Northwest Cherries launched it’s new season with a cooking demo by nutritionist and celebrity chef, Alexandra Prabaharan, in an effort to educate Malaysians on the health benefits of cherries.
This recipe is best with
- Sweet pastry
- 500g rose flour
- 300g butter
- 5g salt
- 125g icing sugar
- 100g eggs
- Crème Patisserie
- 500g milk
- 125g sugar
- 0.5g salt
- 80g egg yolk
- 35g corn flour
- 50g butter
- 250g whipped cream
- 1/2nos vanilla pod
- 8g gelatine
- Pistachio cream
- 100g almond powder
- 100g butter
- 100g flour
- 100g sugar
- 20g pistachio paste
- fresh cherriesto liking
- roasted pistachioto liking
- sweetened whipped cream (chantilly), to liking
- Using rub-in method, mix flour, icing sugar, butter and salt into a sandy texture.
- Add eggs slowly and mix just to combine (1 min).
- Line tart ring and bake blind at 160°C.
- Let cool before assembling tart.
- Boil milk together with vanilla pod, butter and half the sugar.
- On the side, whisk together custard powder and remaining sugar to avoid lumps.
- Add in egg yolks and whisk until light and creamy.
- Temper egg mixture with some boiled milk while whisking continuously.
- Reheat milk and pour in egg mixture. Cook for 2 mins while whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat and add gelatine. Let cool.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add pistachio paste and eggs.
- Then add the flour and almond powder.
- Fill tartlets and place cherry as topping.