- Ready-prepared shortcrust or sweet pastry (available in supermarkets)
- 700g pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Peel the pumpkin and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well. (You can cook it in the microwave for 8-10 minutes to save time.)
- Put the pumpkin in a blender with the eggs, milk, honey and mixed spice and blend until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to fit in 30cm pie dish.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture in to the pie case and make for 15 minutes.